Tuesday, August 24, 2004

"Miss Cherry Ames!"

Found this old hardcover from 1952 at the local library sale for a quarter. You know me...it just lends itself to parody! X^{D



"THE DOCTOR'S 10 MOST PREDICTABLE COMMENTS TO CHERRY AMES"

No.10: No. No, I didn't realize that anteaters and tapirs were native animals of Paraguay.

No.9: "Why are you showing me that? I'm just a janitor that stole a stethoscope!"

No.8: "Darn! This smock is stained! Thank goodness that stuff was white!

No.7: "Got any hard liquor? I've got to operate."

No.6: "Tack on an extra forty bucks to that bill for every time I looked at his chart. I need a new golf bag!"

No.5: "Then we showed him a pig's liver and told him we had to remove it! Haa!"

No.4: "Wasn't your first book titled, Cherry Ames to Please?

No.3: "Miss Ames, could you take a look at this rash?"

No.2: "You DO know this isn't a FREE clinic?"


And, the No.1 Comment:

"Your name IS Cherry..right?"

1 Comments:

At 10:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that could be true.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home