Monday, July 12, 2004

"No More No.1 Son"


I read something today that I thought was sort of sad, and shows me that "political correctness" in this country is getting more and more out-of-hand.

"Charlie Chan" movies are being banned from showing on t.v. "Those Who be" have determined that the character is just too much of a sterotype and not a good role model for orientals.

I DISAGREE! Charlie is pretty damn positive! He's smart as a whip, uses violence only as a last resort, and never lets his occupation interfere with his being a loving parent and husband to his very large family.

I suppose we aren't likely to see "Fu manchu" much any time soon either, not to mention David Carridine in "Kung Fu" series (that's finally out on DVD).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home