Tuesday, August 02, 2005

"Just About Anything Can Teach Us Something"



In my yard on one side of the house, I planted three clumps of ornamental grass for my wife. These are planeted about 6 feet apart. Today I happen to notice that the clump towards the front of the house is only about 1-1/2 ft. tall, the middle one's about 2' or better, while the third one is over 3 ft. in height.

The clumps were all planted at the same time, the nutrients in the soil are the same and they all receive equal amounts of watering. So...why is the back plant taller than the others? That can be summed up in one word:

Location. Sorta like what's the difference between an angel and a demon. The middle and back plants receive more sunlight; the far back one is closer to where I planted a cactus garden purposely in the open sunlight, whereas the middle one receives less sun and finally the smallest is mostly in the shade.

This is sorta like a lesson in life. When we are in the brightness of others, we thrive; when we live in gloom, our growth as individuals is stunted.

Over the years I've met an equal amount of people that share each aspect. Those that thrive and grow in life are always "in the sunshine", helping others, keeping a cheerful attitude and making the best with what they have.

Those people whom I've met that are always depressed seem to run around with similiar people with that attitude, never "get anywhere", and never amount to anything, always wanting what they'll never achieve, and are always putting everydown down.

So, may we all Be in the Sunlight.

1 Comments:

At 5:21 PM , Blogger ~D.Puck' said...

Well, Nooooo, I'm NOT interested in remorgaging my house. (Geez! Now I'm getting a telemarketer in my blog site!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home