Saturday, December 31, 2005

"Greeting A New Year"


I wouldn't call myself a control freak, but I DO like things in my life to go in some sort of regular order. Most of the time, I can steer such aspects of my personal life to lead generally along that path, but occasionally, "things just happen" which cause them to go array.

This has happened this year in particular, because the things that have happened, are things outside of my means to correct. If you have elderly parents, you can't expect them to always be well. If you have a sucky sort of job, then you can't expect that to always go well either. Nor is marriage ever always the proverbial bed of roses, even if you've been married nearly 20 years to that same person.

When all of these misc. difficulties in life happen all at once, it can cause a person to get depressed no matter how bright an outlook he tries to maintain on life. And that's what's happened to me.

I've had a very hard time enjoying this Christmas Holiday, and although I can work to correct some of the things that are getting me down in the upcoming year, there are other things I find inevitable. Not being able to correct such is pretty frustrating at times.

And most everyone has had these problems, ARE having these problems, or WILL have these problems. It's just part of life.

There are people who have it much worse than I, so at least I can appreciate my own problems not being as bad (because, it's true, things can always get worse). And I appreciate the fact that some of the things I worry about, have yet to ever happen. It reminds me to live more in the moment, for losing one moment of sleep over things yet to come profits no one.

So with this oncoming New Year upon us, I want to wish only the best of things life can offer on everyone. May your sorrows be few and your tragedies be none. May you always find a smile on your face, and no weight upon your heart. May the sun shine upon you and all darkness leave your mind.

And let's ALL appreciate life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home