Thursday, February 16, 2006

"Misc. Thoughts"



An interesting blog site I read today was "Comic Book Urban Legends", although, if the first legend in No.17 is true, I find this very sad and disapointing news about a comic book legend whom I've held in such great esteem over the years.

And, in other news, there should be a hundred reasons why I shouldn't enjoy the latest DC Supergirl title, but for the like of me, I can't seem to think of a single one. This latest incarnation of the "Maid of Might" took root in Superman/Batman #8 (2004) and appeared off and on in the title until #19 before given her own book. Issue #19 of S/B was so popular, in fact, that it was reprinted as Supergirl #"0".

I find Jeph Loeb's writing on this character very satisfying, and the artwork by the likes of Michael Turner, and Ian Churchill to be excellant. The stories are riveting and well-developed. This is definately not the Supergirl Peter David gave us, but, thus far, handled very well.

Moving right along...I see that the Powerball Lottery is now over $300,000,000.00! Unreal. Even with the cash option and after taxes one would have at least a hundred million clear. What would anyone do with such a sum? Move to Beverly Hills? Get a cement pond? A whole lot of good could be accomplished with that sort of money; as well, a whole lot of evil, I'm sure.

And today the temperature here in South-Central, Kentucky hit almost 70 degrees with still over a month left until Spring begins. But, we're supposed to "pay" for that starting tomorrow with temperatures dropping steadily throughout the day by at 40 degrees and a chance of snow this weekend again and it not getting out of the 30's! It's "the end of the world", I tell ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home