Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Post No. 556"


Another $35. and one more visit from my pc repair man later (who took about 5 minutes to fix this thing) and I'm finally back on my cable connection and off of dial up, and with DSL! Altogether I've got over $100. invested in a new pc now, but that's still a lot cheaper than going out and buying an entire new system. Lesson learned. IF I had known enough to have fixed it myself, the new pc would have cost me a mere $35. It's worth the lesson to know better if there comes a next time.

So, let me think what I've done since my previous post.

I read issues of Astonishing X-Men (Marvel) #'s 18-20, which is an attractive enough book save that being so far out of the loop on "X-characters" that I really didn't have the foggiest notion that they were all about, save that it had something to do with "Emma Frost" doing "something" to the minds of Colossus and Kitty pride to make them think they were married and had a child which turned out to be some sort of illusion...I think. Honestly, I don't know how anyone can keep up with all of the storylines in these X-books Marvel produces.

The artwork was fairly decent, especially the covers by John Cassady, but I'm far removed from buying comics just because the covers look nice. To me it's one of those "C" grade type of books that I've tried to ignore for many a year from this company, along with the greatest majority of titles regarding other over-hypes such as "The Punisher", "Wolverine", "Ghost Rider" and "Spider-man".

I'm afraid my love affair with The X-men and their companion titles ended many a year ago when the team of Chris Claremont and John Byrne left "Uncanny". Since then mostly these titles have gone downhill save for my one-in-a-while interest with people like Stroman doing X-Factor, or Milligan and Allred on X-Statix.

And getting those out of the way I finally moved into the set of the DC-Milestone Xombi, which contain more odd characters than "Johnny Bacardi" can shade a Thriller at. It was pretty much the last of the Milestone stuff and totally different from their hero titles, and I still feel it should have had the Vertigo imprint.

Been raking on this yard..again...and yes, I've lost count now how many times that makes this Fall. Maybe five. Dunt know. All I wish is that I had a penny for every leaf that's ever fallen here so I could retire in Bermuda.

3 Comments:

At 9:48 AM , Blogger Johnny Bacardi said...

Speaking of "Xombi"s, I made a copy of that minicomic the other day, but haven't been able to get over there to give it to you! Soon, soon...

 
At 5:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahs a patient sorta bein, Johnny. (Thanks!)

 
At 5:58 PM , Blogger Johnny Bacardi said...

With me, that's a good thing! :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home