Saturday, January 08, 2005

You're Never Too Old To learn"





You know how you can learn something new all the time about comics? Well, today that's what happened with me. While I was at an antique mall in another town I bought the above pictured comic for my Classics Illustrated collection. I remembered having a copy before and buying it as a promotional comic from the Long John Silver's seafood restaurant in 1989. When I got home I tried to look it up in OPG but couldn't find it in the promotinal section. So I looked under the Classics section just to see what the number of the original was (which is #64, BTW,), and sure enough, it was listed there, and, as the 14th. (and last) print.

To my knowledge, this is the only promotional comic listed as part of an original series in The Guide, and since it was pubbed in '89, would make it the very last CI ever published from the ORIGINAL series that began in the 1940's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home