Wednesday, November 09, 2005

"Dis & Dat Day"


Finally got in the final issue of the current series of Doom Patrol today, which has me up to the current #17. With this I have completed the 1st., 3rd. and 4th., series, but still need a baker's dozen different issues to complete the Vertigo set. With the end of the year quickly approaching, it looks bleak that I will have accomplished my goal of completeing all 4 sets before then. Plus, I still need about a dozen other various guest-app.'s of the team "here and there".

Well, that local election was held today regarding the sale of alcohol in restaurants that seated at least 100 people. I knew it'd be close, and it was; the proposal passed, but only by 6 votes!

A Happy Birthday to my mother who is 81 years young today! (Born: 11/09/24). She took my frail father over to the local hospital for some more tests to see "why" he's been so weak and losing weight, but they won't know anything about those tests for a few days. In fact. my dad is supposed to go back to have yet more tests done this coming Monday.

Looks like we're finally going to have a little more rain here tonight and then, finally, some cooling down temperatures breaking the record high ones up in the high 70's and low 80's we've had all week. This has been one very odd, dry and hot Autumn here in South Central Kentucky thus far this year.

I also read where this town in which I live has sold another section of the cave (that runs beneath most of the area) to The National Cave Karst Association. This will lead to more federal money available to open up further sections of it for tourist viewing, and eventually, reclaim the original tour length it had back in the early 1940's before water polution eventually shut it down. There is a huge dome section yet to be reopened that, from all accounts, is somewhat spectacular to see "when" they are finally able to reclaim that original tour length.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home