Tuesday, November 01, 2005

"Heated Hallucinations"


Witches and Warlocks and Devils and Such

All came to my window and All wanting brunch.

They burned all my incense,

They drank all my tea;

Now I can't get rid

Of the demons I see.


Sandglasses, wineglasses, hourglasses for

The goblins and boogies that dance by the score.

Circles and daggers and gold-painted stars

Illuminate magics that glow on their shores.


Witches and Warlocks!

Oh, I see them all!

The smolder in closets

And slither in halls.

They just want to catch me when

I'm unaware,

And linger in Hades

Till I join them there.


Now I can't get rid of this dread that I keep

'Cause I see dem Witches whenever I sleep.

They stalk in my dreams in the dread of the night

And only dispell in the day's morning light.


Voodoo and witchcraft all rolled into One

Is practised by those who shun all the sun

To worship the moon and the goat and the the fire

And burn all the Christians they pile on their pyres.


Witches and Warlocks! Oh!

I see them ALL!!

The smolder in closets and slither in halls!

They just want to catch Me when I'm unprepared

And linger in hades till I join them there.....



Naked bound virgin lie on alters, bare

With sounds of mad laughter

Filling the air...

And Satan stands, horned,

In the midst of the smoke...

...And laughs at the evil

His presence evokes!


Witches and Warlocks!

Oh, I see them all!

The smolder in closets!

They slither in halls!

They just want to catch us

When we're unprepared.


They'll linger in Hades

Till we join them there.


~D.Puck'


(copyright 1973, 2005.)



(Just a little poem I meant to post last night on Halloween.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home