Saturday, February 12, 2005

"Without Remorse"


In answer to Fred Hembeck's challenge to list the One Hundred things I Like best About Comics, here it is: Fantastic Four V1 #'s 1 thru 100. (Okay, so that's a cop-out. But really, someday when I get the time I'll actually figure out what that 100 things may have been. But for now...On With The Blog.

I want to dwell on yesterday's posting for a moment, here. You know, what I wrote wasn't what I had planned to write at all. In fact, I had written out a rather lengthly comment, but at the last moment, tore it up, threw it in the garbage, and just jotted down that one off the top of my head. There's a "reason" for that.

You see, yesterday I knew exactly where I was forty years prior. I was at a funeral: my only brother's funeral, and I was 13 years old.

My late brother, Harold (as you may recall if you read a Tribute I did to him on: 05/30/04) was chiefly responsible for all the many things I like in life, like artwork, and music, and comic books, and building plastic models. And I had this long-winded relation of the memories and sadness of that time. But---I got to thinking about that, and came to the conclusion that he wouldn't have wanted me to remember him in sorrow, but in happiness. Thus I wrote "something else" and perhaps the creativity of yesterday's post can serve as a better memorial, as those loves and hobbies I obtained from his influence probably attributed to any originality I had to what I wrote.

On to other things.

I've been invited to attend this surprize birthday party the weekend of March 5th. in Cincinnati. Don't know if I'll get to or not, but it'd be a kick as it's a buddy of mine that I've known for at least forty years. Although his brothers all still live in this area, he and his wife moved to Ohio several years ago and I rarely get to see him anymore. He and his brothers were all fellow collector friends of mine (still are), and I've actually known him as long as his youngest brother! He's turning 50, and it'd mean a lot to the both us if I can go to it.

Debating on whether or not I'll pick up the Sunday newspaper tomorrow as I'd been buying it primarily to follow the current team of Schultz and Giani on Prince Valiant ever since back on June 6th. of '04. But wouldn't you know it? Here last weekend it was really lousey weather and I didn't venture out of the house either day and clean forgot to pick up the Sunday and missed an installment. (I probably will anyway, though.)

Money's still a little tight this week, but it should be better next week as I have more hours (and even a little OT). I think Tuesday I'll finally get to go pick me up some new eyeglasses, which is something I've done without for over a month! Maybe then I won't have to re-check these postings for all the typos!

2 Comments:

At 1:14 PM , Blogger Johnny Bacardi said...

I could get you a Sunday comics section, if you like...I do work there, after all! :)

 
At 3:37 PM , Blogger ~D.Puck' said...

Sure appreciate it, Johnny! Since I bought the paper today it'd keep my run straight! Thanks!~

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home