Monday, March 13, 2006

"Stormy Monday"



Just as we thought my father-in-law was well on his way to recuperating, he's now developed a blockage in his intestines and had to be taken back to the U of L Hospital In Louisville last night. Since the cancer operation was done there, none of the doctors in the city where he lives would touch it, so now he's on IV's and tomorrow they will be starting him back on a liquid diet and see how that goes for a couple of days. Then they'll just "go from there".

And here locally we had heavy torrents of rain off-and-on all day, but we should be thinking that a lucky break considering what Missouri has suffered in particular with over 100 tornados covering the state causing destruction, havok and loss of life. This is still early in the year as well with at least another couple of months of potential hazardous weather.


Read the trade paperback collection of the Dark Horse Publications Mr. Monster: Origins, which was written & illustrated by Michael T. Gilbert. Gilbert is one of my favorite creators that I best recall work from during the time of alternate titles of the 1980's, first seeing his work in such titles as Quack and some of the FantaCo stuff. I think the first story I ever read by him involved his character, "The Wraith", and then following his work throughout the ten issues of "Mr. Monster" first published by Eclipse Comics.

Although "Origins" is quite good, I felt it a bit overly complicated. Perhaps I think he went overboard on the complexity of the character's origin ? Hard to put into words, but his earlier work on "MM", to me, was just much better if not just a bit less finely illustrated. Still, a very nice read.

And I've finally about gotten all over my bout with the flu from last week. Never did actually miss any work from it, but it did a bit of a toll on my health. Even today, a week later, I have some congestion and aches and pains from the ordeal. I really hope this is the last time I'll have to deal with it for the season.

4 Comments:

At 6:08 PM , Blogger Johnny Bacardi said...

Psst...Dave...Jean Stapleton was Edith!

Anyways, easy mistake to make.

Cheers!

 
At 6:48 PM , Blogger ~D.Puck' said...

(duh!) My annual screw-up! (*heh*)

 
At 4:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've read this blog three times now and I still don't find any reference to any Stapleton. Did I miss something?

 
At 7:53 AM , Blogger ~D.Puck' said...

You're not crazy, Steve! (*heh*) I went back and edited that part out! X^D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home