Wednesday, May 10, 2006

2006 Vacation: Day 5"



What a wonderful vacation it's been.

And yes, I AM being sarcastic about the whole thing. Rain has ruined any working on the house outside for a good 2-1/2 days of it. Wanted to paint the roof both yesterday AND today, bnut rain stopped that, so IF it doesn't rain tomorrow, that's yet to be done.

I finally ran out of white paint. Just "knew" I should have bought 2 gallons, and part of the back of the house still isn't finished. Won't have time to re-do the sidewalk; that'll just have to wait for another day.

Maybe if I had another week off just to work on the place, or had I just one dry week, it'd been finished. 'Course, we did finally get the payment from the insurance company, but it's only half or so of what we need to do all of the repairs (so the rest comes out of our pockets).

It would seem that I wasn't the only one here locally that got rather screwed by the insurance companies, though. A local tv station's coming here tomorrow (to this town, that is) to interview some elderly folk whose insurance companies only gave them $2,000. and told them that if they needed more, to let them know. Of course, after they cashed the checks, it was a closed deal. (Hope they end up hanging those crooks.)

And the yard needs mowing again. Yep. Sum vacation this has turned out to be.

But yesterday I did in fact go for that accessment for the mayo plant, so maybe some good will come out of my time off.

Also bought over 600 mostly modern comics for $40. I didn't have 2/3rd.s of it, so lots of good reading material ahead for me. (But...I Do need yet another 200 backing boards again!)

Two days left until I go back to my regular grind of a job.


I need a vacation! (*heh*)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home