Thursday, November 26, 2009

"Post No. 676"


I sincerely hope all had a nice Thanksgiving. Here at the ol' "Elmo Plantation", we certainly did even with my mom still recovering from her pacemaker operation about a week back.

My aunt fixed dinner for us with most all the trandition dishes, including turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, yams, black-eyed peas, cornbread, corn, and a banana pudding. A great old fashion country-type meal. Honestly, it was all I could do to finish a single serving on my plate.

We ate at mom's this time (rather than our usual trip out in the country to eat at my cousin's place), and besides my mother and wife, we had my Aunt Sally and my cousin (Sally's daughter) Leslie. Good times by all, and, most importantly, with the family.

Today I watched a little of The Macy's Parade before finishing up both yards of left-over leaves. Now with the yards done for the year I can go back on concentrating on that dirt pile in the back which I've had to neglect for a while.

I also watched a little of the Cowboys/Raiders game. Dallas was pretty much walking away with that, which sort'a pleased me as I like Dallas even though I'm not much of a football fan.

I've actually won something new here today in the way of comic books; 15+ religious comics, mostly J.T. Chick "Crusaders" series, nearly a full set of the 17 different issues, but of course those won't be arriving for some time. If I ever want to complete that set it may be difficult as the final issue (#17) had a low print run. I may just have to settle for what issues I'll get (and I already have around 4 issues of that particular title, but they are all the .59 printings, so maybe these will all be 1st.printings which all had the .39 price).

The above comic book cover is to Giggle #60, from 1948 (wow...that's 51 years ago!) with a Thanksgiving theme. Everyone be careful tomorrow on "Black Friday" while you're out shopping around for those bargains. I actually have purchased ONE Christmas gift thus far, so I'm really behind for the year. I know everyone will be looking for the best bargains they can find with the current economy.

I foresee being VERY busy at work tomorrow in retail, what with all of the shoppers, and just two of us working the shift, and BOTH of us needing to order items for our sections (Lord, I haven't had a chance to order anything for a week now due to having to make a new display last Monday plus the rest of the day spent putting out Christmas decorations, and I still have a large item that needs to be assembled! I'll never get caught up!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home