Sunday, May 11, 2008

"Post No. 498"

A rather dismal day here weather-wise for Mother's Day, but it didn't seem to stop people from doing last minute shopping buying presents for their moms. In fact, the whole weekend has been very steady; one of the busiest of the year.

The post office always reports that it's Mother Day (and not Valentines Day, or Christmas) that they're the busiest delivering cards. This is a rather special mom's day since it's 100 years old, started in 1908! Estimated sales for this year are $15 billion!

We had really strong winds this morning and I was out early, hauling off a good three arm loads of downed limbs from my trees to the brush pile out back. Came home to find probably a good two more arm fulls plus one huge branch which it was all I could do to drag it back there. The temperatures never got out of the low 50's.

As you can tell by the names of my posts here of late, I'm counting down to Post #500, (which will be on May the 14th.) and that will also be the 4th. year anniversary of this blog. Not sure if I'm planning anything special for that yet or not.

My wife and I had a cookout for my own mother last weekend while I was off work (since we were both working today) and gave her a card a present then. Of course I called and wished her a nice day today. Can't forget you mama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home