Thursday, November 27, 2008

"Post No. 580"


On this Thanksgiving Day 2008 I was up at 7:30 A.M. to get awake and ready to go pick up my mother and leave here to go to my cousin's house out in the country some 16+ miles away for dinner. It was the first time we'd gone up there in a few years ever since before my father got too ill.

Leaving around 10 A.M., we sat and visited until 11:30 or so and ate dinner, and afterwards I walked around my cousin's large farm for a bit, letting the meal digest and getting a little exercise, petting his old horse and watching at a distance some wild turkeys, who I'm sure were happy not be an important part of the day's activities.

My wife had already arrived before us as she had to leave early to go to work this afternoon, and mom and I stayed and visited until 1:30 P.M. or better, getting back home a bit after 2 P.M. It was a smack-beautiful Thanksgiving day, and the nicest weather I've seen on such in several years with temperatures in the high 50's and lots of sunshine.

It was so nice in fact that when I got mom back home and situated I went and got my rake and got her leaves out from around her house and went over them, mulching them up with the riding lawnmower.

When I finished I went home and did the same with the rest of my own leaves, mulching them with the push mower, and that should be all I'll have to fool around with such (finally) for this year.

As usual, there is NEVER any rest for the wicked, as I got this accomplished by 4 P.M..

And today, due to the holiday of course, there wasn't any mail so nothing that I've won lately came in, but last night I "bit-the-bullet" and used the "Buy-It-Now" option to purchase a copy in Fine of the last issue of Swamp Thing (DC) Volume 1 that was a Wrightson issue (he doing the first ten), which was #2, and now I can concentrate on the seven or so remaining issues between 11 and 23 that I still need to complete a set for my current collections. Haven't located a fairly inexpensive copy of House of Secrets #92 yet, so I may just have to settle on my various reprints of the ST prototype story for a while.

Sitting here watching the Jet Li flick, Hero, which has subtitles so for a future review I'll have to start paying attention to it.

Hope all had a nice day! (And please excuse the repeat cover above that I posted as well LAST Thanksgiving Day, but I've always liked that one!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home