Tuesday, March 09, 2010

"Post No. 689"

Been pretty busy today. Started off early this morning when, after charging my lawn mower battery, I took that back down to mom's (where I had the mower), put it back in, put some gas in the thing and tried to start it up. Naturally it still wouldn't start, so I had to charge it some more, and finally got that to running. But then, I couldn't get it to move no matter what gear I tried putting it in until finally it took off perpectually in, I think, 3rd. gear. Now, even if it's in neutral, it's still in 3rd. Which I can drive it in 3rd. and mow in such once I get the pullies replaced on the deck. I eventually drove it up the street to my own house, parked it in the rear and covered it until I can get someone over to look at it.

Then I started going back through all of those 1970's to modern comics I wanted to sell 'as a lot", pulling out some that I decided to keep or re-read, combining some into better boxes and eliminating other older, torn-up boxes, which made some more space. But right in the middle of that I got a phone call from a guy that had promised me some lumber to use to replace my mom's handicap ramp. So I stop that for a while to go get the lumber (which turns out to be much more than I think I'll actually need), getting that stacked down at mom's and covering it up to protect it, then back home again where I finished with the comics.

Then I made a list of what I kept, put them on/and corrected lists on floppys and CDs, and by then it was time to go to the grocery plus pick up some medicine for mom.

My wife, Debbie, and I did that, came back home and put things away, then took mom's medicine down to her and visited for a little while, got her mail, and finally back home again.

By then it was 4 P.M., so it's been one very full day.

I only work a half a day tomorrow (12PM to 5 PM), so I probably won't get much done there. I'm off again from work Thursday, but that's the day I have to take mom to her heart doctor some 45 miles from here, and the way the weather looks I'll probably be driving up there and back in the rain. Now that it's starting to warm up I can see a very wet Spring ahead that, when one does get to mow the lawn, the grass will be 8 inches tall (just like last year).

And I've gotten around to finishing all the artwork in pencils to the 4th. issue of that comic book series I'm working on, plus I got the cover completely penciled and inked for that issue plus #5's. Going to start work on the pencils on the story for #5 in a few days.

Got those issues of The Authority I won on an auction read, plus I read quite a bit of 20 misc. 1966 - 1973 Charlton mystery titles (Ghostly Tales, Dr. Graves, Midnight Tales, etc.) that I bought at the local flea market last weekend. Lots and lots of great artwork in those by the likes of Steve Ditko, Pay Boyette, Pam, Wayne Howard and Jim Aparo. I even found a letter of comment in one of the issues of Ghostly Tales from 1969 that I'd gotten published and forgot about (neat little surprize)!

Debbie, and I set up at the local flea market this past weekend and enjoyed the 60 degree weather, sunshine and fresh air and had a good time looking around and selling things. I even sold a box of duplicate comics I took down there and she sold many crafts, bringing us an extra $100. or so bucks, so it was well-worth the effort (more so than many a yard sale we've attempted). Also it was nice to get to spend a day together on a project.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home