Sunday, August 28, 2005

"Tribute to The King of Comics"


On this date in 1917, Jack Kirby, who will always be remembered as The King of Comics was born. Had he remained among us to this day, by my reconing he would have been 88 years old.

Although Mr. Kirby will always be known for such comics as "The Fantastic Four, The Avengers, Thor, Mr. Miracle, New Gods" and so many others, my favorites will always be fond memories of those Monster/Fantasy Tales he did in mostly the pre-super-hero days of Marvel, and that appeared in such titles as Tales of Suspense, Tales to Astonish, Strange Tales & Journey Into Mystery.

So, with this in mind, I am adding a new link to the bottom of the list that will take you right to some decent sets of scans of the stories he did for those titles.

I hope someone who is not familiar with this material, will discover the joy of reading them much the way I did as a kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home