Tuesday, November 09, 2010

"Post No. 727"

Today is my mother's 86 birthday, so a very happiest of birthdays to you, mom!

Been a while since I last blogged, but I've posted a lot of personal photos and a little more artwork over on my Facebook page (in case anyone wants to click on it and take a look). Won 7 or 8 silver-age comics that I should be able to pick up before the end of the week. A couple of issues of Tales of Suspense (#'s 93 & 94, I think), a handful of Gold Keys such as Space Family Robinson 19, Mighty Samson 10, and even a Doctor Solar 2, an odd issue of Archie's Mighty Comics w/Steel Sterling & The Fox, and...something else (I forget right off). The Doctor Solar is the best one of the lot. The issues of TOS has the first mention and first app. of the cultish character, "Modock".

Also picked up two nice store DVD copies of "The Posidon Adventure" and "Jaws", a couple fave flicks that I'll enjoy rewatching on some rainy day off from work.

Yesterday was very busy for me on a day off from work when I once again emptied the gutters and raked/mulched those up, put plastic on an outside windown (which was a real pain in the ass), and used some "Great Stuff" sealant around places on the roof. Also had a guy come over and clean out/relight one of our heaters. Just getting things more prepared for colder weather.

Work has picked up, and I don't think it's all just Christmas shoppers, either. They say the economy isn't any better, and for people trying to find jobs that's maybe true, but people ARE spending well. In fact, we just had one of the best weekends saleswise in retail since last year.

We have nothing special planned for Thanksgiving this year. My cousin's wife has been in the hospital very ill since last May, so no going out in the country for that again this year (perhaps, never again sadly), but we'll cook a meal and take it down to mom's to eat. Christmas will be a bit skimpy for us as my wife has yet to find another full time job.

Been busy working on that limited series I've previously mentioned here. Lack about one full issue having half of that done, but, most of that's still in pencils.

I was happy with the results of the national elections, but not too pleased with our local ones. (Well...you take what you can get.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home