Wednesday, March 30, 2005

"Sin City in 2 Days"



Been seeing a few clips from the much anticipated flick Sin City, and just from the few seconds I've seen here and there it looks like it's going to be great! Oh, "Marv" could be a little bulkier and maybe "Goldie" a little "bustier", but I believe it's going to prove to be a (comics) fan-favorite just because its closeness to Frank Miller's concepts. (We'll see...

I probably won't get to actually view it until either April 2nd. or 3rd. (due to my work schedule), but I'm going to the theatre rather than wait for rental, and that's saying a lot for me!

Otherwise I have nothing new to report today except that I got in a run of DC's The Phantom Stranger 24 thru 27, which sports a lot of nice Jim Aparo and Mike Kaluta artwork. These are much of the storyline of "The Spawn of Frankenstein" series which ran in several issues, nicely written by Marv Wolfman (which another blogger we all know has just recently reviewed, so no need to go into details on my post).

Beautiful Spring Day here in KY. today, but I think that after tomorrow we may be heading back down from the 70's to the 50's since the rain's moving in. However, the cold weather's mostly gone now and my front yard is begging to be mowed (groan)!

2 Comments:

At 1:42 PM , Blogger Johnny Bacardi said...

Hey, Dave, would you mind if I borrowed that Phantom Stranger 27 from you so I could scan it and give the peeps a look at the Skeates/Baily Spawn of Frankenstein?

I'd be forever in your debt! :)

 
At 6:30 PM , Blogger ~D.Puck' said...

Just come on by and pick it up sometime, "Johnny"!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home