Friday, April 01, 2005

"Happy Birthday, DAD!"


Went by my folk's house when I got off from work today to give my father his birthday card and present since I knew I was going to have to work tomorrow (which is his actual birthday). He'll turn 85! This is the first time anyone in my family has lived that long since his father, who has been dead now probably a good 25 years. And my dad is in relatively good health for his age. Oh, his memory's bad and he hasn't the strength he did even 5 years ago, but he's still active, mows his yard, still drives (and well, I might add), and does very well. My mother is 80, herself, and still works every weekday at the local library. I can only wish that I will be still around and kickin' IF I live so long. So...

Happy Birthday, Dad! Hope you have only the Best One Ever!

(Incidently, next Saturday will be my folk's 62nd. Wedding Anniversary as well!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home