Tuesday, June 07, 2005

It Happens"


For anyone who's reading this, you may or may not have noticed that I deleted my earlier post of the night.

That's not something I would normally do. In fact, in the past year that I've been blogging, I've never before deleted a post.

There is an explanation...of sorts.

I felt like what I wrote was a story that had to be told. And, even though I did have a disclaimer regarding it, there are just too many people that if they were by chance to see it, would take it as The Truth.

I tried to edit and re-write the piece a number of times. So much so, that it "butchered" the whole thing. And, no matter how I tried to edit it to not distinguish percisely as to what or which I was refering, there were still too many clues to vertify the location and the people in "the story".

Many of these people are/were old aquaintances of mine. I would never do anything to dishonor them or any of the friendship we shared, or to soil their memories. Plus, the fact that this is a small community. Where I live, many of those I love also dwell, and I wouldn't want anything I personally happened to say or write effect them in any manner.

So, to you, the readers, I must apologize. Not for what I wrote previously, but for my copping out and censoring my own work.

I don't feel well about doing it, but I did feel it had to be done. So, if you happened to have read any of the versions of tonight's post before it was deleted, please ignore it. Treat it totally as fiction.

I don't have that "smoking gun" to back up that story whether it was fictional or any part of it based on actual facts.

And...we'll move on.

2 Comments:

At 9:11 PM , Blogger Johnny Bacardi said...

Now, Dave, you KNOW that wasn't true anyway- I explained it to you. It's just as well that you deleted it 'cause then I'd have to SUE.

 
At 6:44 PM , Blogger ~D.Puck' said...

Not about you,Johnny, but certainly about people you know/knew. I'll tell ya about it sometime.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home